1.5 cups boiled split peas
1-2 teaspoons geerah (whole cumin seeds)
3 tbsps bminced onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
THIS RECIPE CALLS FOR YOU TO ALSO USE THE SADHA
What tuh do?
1. The peas should be soaked overnight and boiled until soft
2. Parch the geera in a frying pan, add the onion, garlic, salt and peas
3. Place entire mixture in a grinder
4. Roll out the Sadha Roti dough to about 1/4" thick and place 2 or 3 tbsps of the dahl
mixture in the centre
5. Enclose the dhal mixture with the roti dough and form into a ball
6. Roll out to a 1/4" thinckness, trying not to break the roti dough enclosing the dhal mixture
7. Place on a hot, greased tawa, turn constantly, basting with oil to retain softness.
8. Cook until nicely browned and puffy, which will take about 3 minutes.
BACK TO TRINIFOOD.COM